- “Law & Order” celebrates 30 years on TV this month — one of the most popular shows in the franchise, “Law and Order: SVU,” wrapped its 21st season this year.
- Throughout the show’s run, there have been 18 actors who have been cast as series regulars.
- Mariska Hargitay has played Detective Olivia Benson since the show aired in 1999. Ice-T is still on the show after joining in the second season.
- Actors like Stephanie March, BD Wong, and Richard Belzer have all returned to the series in guest appearances after leaving the show as a series regular.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Over the course of its 20-year history, “Law and Order: SVU” has become known for its lengthy list of guest appearances — from Serena Williams to Bradley Cooper. But the show’s regular cast members have also been making a name for themselves throughout the years.
Some of these actors have stayed on the show for decades, like Mariska Hargitay, Christopher Meloni, and Ice T, while others only appear for a season or two. Some even return in guest appearances after their departure.
Keep reading to find out when each actor joined the series and to see what they’re up to now.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.