STRICTLY’S Motsi Mabuse could be replaced by Anton Du Beke for two live shows as she isolates after making an urgent trip to Germany.
The judge took to social media tonight to tell fans she will not be in the studio on Saturday night.
Motsi Mabuse will miss two live Strictly shows as she isolates after making an urgent trip to GermanyCredit: Rex Features
She wrote: “Hi Guys – Earlier this week I needed to travel to Germany for an urgent reason. I will of course be following the UK Government guidelines and self-isolating for 14 days. I’ll be watching from home and by the power of technology, should be in your living rooms.
“Watch out though, I’ll be doing my own hair and make-up!”
Insiders say bosses plan to temporarily promote dancer Anton to the judging panel after years of speculation he could step up.
Anton Du Beke is in line to fill Motsi’s shoesCredit: Simon Jones – The Sun
The show has been rocked by coronavirus this week
A final decision on Anton joining the judges was being made today.
It comes as Nicola Adams and Katya Jones have been forced off the show after the pro dancer tested positive for coronavirus.
Neither of them will be allowed to return to the BBC dance hit after the shocking news – leaving a gaping hole in the line-up.
Strictly will say goodbye to Nicola Adams and Katya Jones after the pro dancer was diagnosed with the virusCredit: Instagram
Four crew members on the Saturday night juggernaut have also been forced to isolate after being in close quarters to Katya.
After The Sun broke the news, Nicola, 38, explained: “I’m absolutely devastated my Strictly journey has come to an end so soon.
“I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for! But I just want to say a huge thank you to Katya for being the best dance partner anyone could ask for.
“She pushed me way out of my comfort zone and it’s been an incredible experience.
The pair rehearsing today – just hours before the bombshell newsCredit: nicolaadams/Instagram
Dancer Katya and boxer Nicola were the show’s first same-sex couple
Nicola said: ‘I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for’Credit: BBC
“I’m gutted to be out of the competition but in these unprecedented times and as frustrating as it is, the Covid measures in place are to keep everyone safe, and I’m doing what I can to help.
“I’ll be spending the next 14 days isolating so I’d like to apologise in advance for the ridiculous amount of TikToks I’ll be posting, in my new found free time when I’m not gaming!”
Katya, 31, added: “Dancing with Nicola has been an absolute inspiration.
“She’s given her all each and every week and we were so excited to create more dances in the competition.
Nicola paid tribute to her partner saying: ‘She pushed me out of my comfort zone’
Katya has long been a fixture on Strictly – winning with Joe McFadden in 2017Credit: BBC
“Of course, I’m devastated to leave this way but I’ve made a friend for life and loved every moment of this special journey.”
She concluded: “I’d like to wish good luck to all the remaining couples!”
The pair are the first couple in Strictly history to be forced out of the competition due to illness.
Nonetheless, boxer Nicola and pro dancer Katya have a place in the show’s record books as the first same-sex couple in its 16-year run.
Strictly Come Dancing released a statement after The Sun’s story
Katya and Nicola getting in the mood for Movie Week at a drive-in cinemaCredit: INSTAGRAM/NICOLA ADAMS
The news comes after Strictly: It Takes Two host Rylan Clark-Neal was forced into isolation after coming into contact with coronavirus.
The BBC tonight insisted the rest of the cast are unaffected and that the show will return to BBC One on Saturday night.
Producer Sarah James said: “We are incredibly sad that these unfortunate circumstances mean that Nicola and Katya are unable to continue on Strictly.
“They are a brilliant partnership and had already achieved so much during their time on the show.
“We’d like to thank them for their commitment and although their time in the competition has sadly come to an end we are hopeful that there will be opportunities for them to dance again in the future.”
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.