Motsi Mabuse forced to miss this week’s live Strictly Come Dancing show (Picture: PA)
Just after it was revealed that Nicola Adams and Katya Jones had been axed, the judge revealed she would be beaming into the show from her home.
She confirmed the news on Twitter, explaining that she had to travel to Germany earlier this week, for an ‘urgent reason’.
In a statement shared on her page, the 39-year-old said she would be isolating for two weeks after returning to the UK, as per government guidelines.
Visit our live blog for the latest updates Coronavirus news live
‘Hi guys – Earlier this week I needed to travel to Germany for an urgent reason,’ she wrote.
‘I will of course be following UK government guidelines and self-isolating for 14 days.
‘I’ll be watching from home and by the power of technology, should be in your living rooms.
‘Watch out though, I’ll be doing my own hair and make-up!’
Fans revealed their joy that Motsi would still be taking part on the show – despite not being on the panel in person.
‘We understand and see you Saturday x,’ a follower replied.
A Twitter user said: ‘Great you’re still going to be apart of the show!
Nicola Adams and Katya Jones were axed when the pro dancer tested positive for coronavirus (Picture: BBC)
As one added: ‘I’m sure you will be looking just as beautiful.’
The news comes after Nicola and Katya were pulled from the line-up – when the professional dancer tested positive for coronavirus.
Speaking of her early exit, the athlete said in a statement: ‘Hey guys! I’m absolutely devastated my Strictly journey has come to an end so soon.
‘I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for!
‘But I just want to say a huge thank you to Katya for being the best dance partner anyone could ask for. She pushed me way out of my comfort zone and it’s been an incredible experience.’
‘I’m gutted to be out of the competition but in these unprecedented times and as frustrating as it is, the COVID measures in place are to keep everyone safe, and I’m doing what I can to help.’
Katya also addressed the news, heaping praise on her dance partner for her energy over the last few weeks.
‘Dancing with Nicola has been an absolute inspiration. She’s given her all each and every week and we were so excited to create more dances in the competition,’ she said.
‘Of course, I’m devastated to leave this way but I’ve made a friend for life and loved every moment of this special journey. I’d like to wish good luck to all the remaining couples!’ While Strictly Come Dancing
BBC bosses added that rest of the cast are unaffected and the show will continue this Saturday night on BBC One.
Strictly Come Dancing continues on Saturday, at 7.10pm, on BBC One.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.