Table of Contents
- NME: You’ve been working on Cyrano since 2018 – at what point did ‘Somebody Desperate’ enter the picture?
- What do you consider the song to be about, and how does that fit the purpose of tying the narrative together?
- You and Carin wrote all the lyrics for the soundtrack, for the cast to sing. was there a particular reason why you wanted to sing this one yourself, and put it out as The National?
- How did the writing process develop across the three years you’ve been working on the project? Are you surprised where it ended up?
- With your lyrical background, do you think that helped you to connect to the characters?
- That’s what artists do, right?