- Disney’s “Holes” premiered 17 years ago, but fans still probably haven’t heard all of these behind-the-scenes secrets about the film.
- “Holes” is based on a novel by Louis Sachar, and the author also wrote the screenplay for the movie.
- Shia LaBeouf was cast for his “quirky” look, and he’s said he thinks the movie is just “OK.”
- The crew actually had to dig about 400 holes on the set, and the filmmakers made it look like 10,000 for certain scenes.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
“Holes” (2003) is based on the award-winning 1998 novel by Louis Sachar and starred celebrities like Shia LaBeouf, Sigourney Weaver, Jon Voight, Eartha Kitt, Henry Winkler, and Patricia Arquette.
We dug into the beloved Disney film to uncover interesting tidbits about its production and star-studded cast that even the biggest fans may have missed over the years.
Read on for some behind-the-scenes secrets and fun facts about “Holes.”
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.