Improve Your Listening Skills: Master the Art
Marketing Podcast with Oscar Trimboli
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Oscar Trimboli. Oscar is the author of How to Listen: Discover the Hidden Key to Better Communication – the most comprehensive book about listening in the workplace.
Despite leaders spending 83% of their day listening, only 2% have been trained in effective listening skills. Oscar Trimboli joins me in this episode as he shares his practical insights to help you notice and improve your listening skills. Listen and learn to master the missing half of communication and create a greater impact in your personal and professional life.
Questions I ask Oscar Trimboli:
- [1:16] How would you describe the act of listening in the workplace?
- [4:10] What are you finding that not listening in the way is costing people?
- [5:34] What are some of the real benefits of listening?
- [7:23] What role does the entire body or body language as people refer to it, play in listening?
- [9:48] What role does the fact that we’re all on Zoom and virtual meetings and we’re not in person in offices nearly like we used to be — what role does that play in degrading people’s ability to listen?
- [11:49] I suspect gender plays a role in listening on who’s maybe more naturally in tune to that. What did your research find there?
- [13:26] What about listening from a cultural perspective – are Americans terrible listeners for example?
- [15:52] Do you have any kind of ritual to bring your focus toward listening?
- [18:36] Could you walk me through your decisions from a format standpoint on the book because I get the sense that you’re very intentional about everything you do?
- [21:43] Where can people learn more about your work and get a copy of your book?
More About Oscar Trimboli:
Learn More About The Agency Intensive Certification:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.