Workaholics are never really workaholics.
It’s not work, which the so-called workaholic is addicted to. Instead, they’re hooked on the feelings that come from doing something they love. That passion and joy is what inspires them all day, every day.
When you do something you love, it’s natural to want to keep doing it.
- It’s why Nile Rodgers still creates and performs. (Read this).
- It’s why Arnold Schwarzenegger is still making movies.
- It’s why Bill Gates is still making a difference.
Nile and Bill are in their 60’s – Arnie is 73. None of them need the money. What they do need, are the feelings associated with their “work”.
Conversely, someone who finds their work frustrating, boring or stressful, pays to go on vacation… to get away from work!!! They spend a tiny amount of time each year, doing what they love. They have the equation completely the wrong way round.
No one is addicted to work
If you get paid for doing what you love, you may be a passion-aholic. You could be a joy-aholic or even a pleasure-aholic. But you’re not a workaholic. No one is addicted to working just for the sake of work.
- Work without meaning is a way to pay the bills.
- Work without meaning is stressful.
- Work without meaning is empty.
- Work without meaning leaves you doing things you don’t want to do, for the majority of your adult life.
If work feels like work for too many days in a row, take action. Transform your business from something you work in, to something that fills you with joy, passion and pleasure.
Can you do it?
Yes. Of course you can.
How do I know?
I know, because for more than 20 years I’ve helped business owners worldwide to make it happen and I experience it in my own life, every day.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.