“Community: The Ultimate Marketing Strategy”
Marketing Podcast with Mark Schaefer
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Mark Schaefer. Mark is a globally-recognized keynote speaker, college educator, marketing consultant, and author of books such as Marketing Rebellion – Cumulative Advantage, and Belonging To The Brand: Why Community Is The Last Great Marketing Strategy.
Mark Schaefer argues that brand communities are the future of marketing strategy. In this episode, he highlights the major benefits of building community from a marketing perspective and the role they play in the world of business.
Questions I ask Mark Schaefer:
- [2:03] What’s the difference between community and audience/customers?
- [3:45] Would you say you don’t have community if people aren’t talking to each other?
- [6:08] Would you say there are very few people that have actually activated a community in the way you’re talking about as a marketing strategy?
- [8:18] There’s a real hunger nowadays for community wouldn’t you say?
- [12:01] You actually introduce a new idea that I hadn’t heard of but it’s the genesis of a business being community-based. That this is actually how it starts as opposed to it being a bolt-on channel – could you talk more about this idea?
- [14:26] Why do you call this book the last great marketing strategy?
- [16:32] You suggest that if you don’t start your community with purpose first, you’re doomed to fail right out of the gate. Could you expand on that idea?
- [19:38] Talk a little bit about the technology aspect of a community from a practical standpoint – how does community management play into this?
- [22:43] Where can more people learn about your work?
More About Mark Schaefer:
Learn More About The Agency Intensive Certification:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.