- Three of TikTok’s biggest stars engaged in a massive feud that cost Charli D’Amelio over a million followers and ended with clips of Trisha Paytas saying the N-word resurfacing.
- It all started with a video of the D’Amelio family eating dinner with James Charles that critics said made the D’Amelio sisters look “rude” and “entitled.”
- After people started mass unfollowing Charli, Charles defended her against “30+ year olds” like Trisha Paytas, who had been one of the loudest voices criticizing the D’Amelio sisters on TikTok.
- Paytas and Charles then got into a back-and-forth where she accused him of being “predatory” toward D’Amelio and Charles brought up many of her past controversies.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A massive feud between popular TikTokers captured the internet’s attention this week as accusations of teen stars being “entitled” and “ungrateful” turned into allegations of predatory behavior.
At the center of the feud is 16-year-old Charli D’Amelio, the most-followed person on TikTok. Before the drama, D’Amelio had more than 99 million TikTok followers. She lost over 1 million after people started calling her “rude” and “entitled” — but after her fans and fellow creators defended her and she apologized, D’Amelio started gaining followers back again.
D’Amelio’s older sister Dixie, who is 19, was also criticized during the drama. Both the D’Amelio siblings were defended by 21-year-old beauty YouTuber James Charles, who became friends with the D’Amelio family early on in their TikTok fame. Charles has nearly 24 million YouTube subscribers and nearly 30 million TikTok followers.
32-year-old YouTuber Trisha Paytas, who has 3.8 million TikTok followers, was one of the loudest voices criticizing the D’Amelio siblings. But the tables turned on Paytas after Charles called out her own controversial history.
Here’s how all the drama played out.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.