EARTH Day 2021 is just around the corner, bringing our attention to environmental movements.
If you want to participate by adding more eco-friendly products to your daily life, we’ve rounded up some of the best ones on the market that you can buy now.
Earth Day can be a great opportunity to re-think your unsustainable product usage
Earth Day is an annual event held on April 22, incepted in 1970.
The event is organised by the non-profit organisation EarthDay.org with a mission to ‘diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide.’
There are a number of ways you can take part, with one being choosing to use eco-friendly products in your daily life: it can be as simple as switching your cotton makeup pads to reusable ones.
Looking for some product recommendations? We’ve got your back. From makeup to cleaning, there are some great eco-products to be had.
Rodial, INIKA, Lime Crime and many other brands are eco-friendly
- ARK Skin Essential Skin Protector SPF30 Primer, £36 from Look Fantastic – buy here
- Original Lose Powder, £29 from bareMinerals – buy here
- Lime Crime Eyeshadow Palette, £56 from Look Fantastic – buy here
- INIKA Certified Organic Natural Perfection Concealer, £22 from Look Fantastic – buy here
- EcoTools Foundation Brush, £6.99 from Look Fantastic – buy here
- Vit C Brightening Cleanser, £39 from Rodial – buy here
Sustainability in the makeup and beauty industry is bigger than ever.
While we know that switching all your beauty products to eco-friendly ones might be difficult for some, you can start slowly by incorporating a few products at a time and seeing what works for your skin type.
Eco-friendly cleaning products
From glass cleaners to laundry eggs, there are some great sustainable cleaning products to choose from
- Mrs Meyer’s Clean Day Glass Cleaner, £17.27 from Amazon – buy here
- Method Multi-Purpose Cleaner, £3.50 from Amazon – buy here
- Ecoegg, £13.49 from Amazon – buy here
- OceanSaver Anti-Bac Cleaning EcoDrop, £6.99 from Amazon – buy here
- Method Squirt & Mop All-Purpose Floor Cleaner, £4.10 from Bigger Smile – buy here
Eco-friendly cleaning products are thriving at the moment, and for all the right reasons: they are practical, doesn’t break the bank, and there’s plenty of choice.
Sustainable items also often contain fewer chemicals than regular cleaning products too.
Eco-friendly lifestyle products
You can switch your toothbrush to a bamboo one if you want to be more eco-friendly
- Silicone Food Bag, £19.31 from Amazon – buy here
- Pack of 2 Coconut Bowls, £13.99 from Amazon – buy here
- Eco Pens, £6.95 from Amazon – buy here
- Eco Natural Wood Bamboo Toothbrush, £8.47 from Amazon – buy here
Now that you’ve ditched your habit of buying water in the shops to always carrying your personal water bottle, you might think what’s next?
In addition to eco-friendly makeup and cleaning products, you can add sustainable items to your everyday life to reduce your carbon footprint.
Looking to upgrade your accessorising game? Check out the 20 best affordable jewellery brands.
Flower subscription services have become extremely popular.
Take a look at Sun Selects for reviews and product recommendations.
If you click on a link in this story we will earn affiliate revenue.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.