- Selena Gomez recently launched a cosmetics brand called Rare Beauty.
- After trying every item from the brand’s current range, I’m impressed by what Gomez and her team have created.
- I particularly love Rare Beauty’s liquid blush, matte lipsticks, black eyeliner, and radiant highlighters.
- Personally, I’m less impressed by the brand’s face mist and touch-up kit.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Selena Gomez is one of the latest celebrities to enter the beauty industry.
In early September, the musician and actress launched Rare Beauty, a cosmetics company that offers lip products, foundation, eyeliner, highlighter, and more. Her company also places an emphasis on mental health, and strives to empower people to feel confident in their skin.
In press materials sent to Insider, the brand says it will raise $100 million over the next 10 years to help “increase access to mental-health services, with a focus on underserved communities.” The materials also say that Rare Beauty has pledged 1% of all annual sales to its Rare Impact Fund.
To get a better sense of the brand and test the quality of its products, I tried each and every item from Rare Beauty over a few days. Here’s what I thought about each one.
Editor’s note: Rare Beauty provided Insider with its range of products for review, which usually retail for a combined $559.
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.