Table of Contents
- What is NEAT?
- Why is Increasing Your NEAT So Important?
- What Are the Benefits of Increasing Your Daily NEAT?
- How Does NEAT Help With Fat Loss?
- How Many Calories Can You Burn With NEAT?
- General Ways to Increase Your NEAT
- General Ways to Increase NEAT While at Home
- 3. Clean and do household chores.
- 4. Wash your car by hand.
- 5. Do yard work.
- 6. Fix or paint things.
- 7. Get cooking.
- 8. Play with your kids and/or pets
- 9. Walk your dog everyday
- 10. Try standing instead of sitting while working on your computer or watching TV
- 11. Do squats, leg lifts, sit-ups, or lunges while watching TV.
- 12. Take the stairs more often.
- Ways to Increase NEAT at Work
- 13. Take mini breaks to stretch your legs and walk around the office.
- 14. Stand during phone calls or meetings.
- 15. Use a stability ball as a chair.
- 16. Walk to a co-worker’s desk instead of emailing.
- 17. Do light exercises or stretches at your desk.
- 18. Walk to a farther restroom or water fountain.
- 19. Park farther away in your office parking lot.
- 20. Skip the elevator or escalator and head for the stairwell instead.
- 21. Use a treadmill desk
- Ways to Increase NEAT During Your Commute
- More Ways to Increase NEAT
- 27. Take a walk or bike ride after dinner.
- 28. Play a game in the yard or at the park (catch, soccer, etc.).
- 29. Try a fitness video game.
- 30. Dance!
- 31. Stretch.
- 32. Do yoga or tai chi.
- 33. Take a walking tour of a new city.
- 34. Take a swim.
- 35. Learn to play an instrument.
- 36. Do your own grocery shopping.