Your skin has a lot of needs to keep it healthy and looking beautiful every day. Just like how your diet needs certain foods to get nutrients, your skincare kit is the same. The products you apply must contain only the best ingredients suited for your needs.
But with the wide selection of skincare products available in the market, it’s hard to know where to begin. Each product contains a bunch of ingredients that can be confusing to understand.
Below, we break down the four essential ingredients you should work into your skincare routine if you want glowy, dewy, and supple skin.
Retinol is a god-tier ingredient among skincare products. It’s a synthetic derivative of Vitamin A that is best used for acne-prone and sensitive skin.
Yet even without complications, Retinol is known for enhancing the overall condition of your skin. It can certainly make your skin feel and look younger with a radiant glow
- It unclogs pores and clears your acne and blemishes without leaving behind scars
- It decreases fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging by increasing collagen production
- It brightens your skin and creates a vibrant glow
- It evens out your skin tone and diminishes hyperpigmentation
Most skincare gurus have already heard of Collagen, but few of them actually understand its immense and miraculous benefits to your skin.
Collagen is a protein in your body that sends out important signals to your cells to rejuvenate and repair damage to your skin. However, your collagen supply declines as you age.
The lack of Collagen in your body is the reason behind the flakiness and dryness in your skin, that’s why it’s important to incorporate it into your skincare kit.
- It smooths out wrinkles and increases the elasticity of your skin
- It helps prevent acne and blemishes
- It keeps your skin hydrated and moisturized
- It gives off a miraculous glow to your skin
Vitamin C is the holy grail for all skincare ingredients. Name every skin complication you have and Vitamin C can probably fix it.
This ingredient is a vitamin that isn’t actually produced by the body but by citrus fruits like oranges. It’s a vital nutrient for tissue repair and the enzymatic production that fixes skin-related concerns.
- It repairs uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, and rough texture
- It fixes fine lines, acne scars, and dark spots
- It keeps skin strong and firm
- It prevents acne, blemishes, and wrinkles
- It brightens up and smooths out the skin
Niacinamide has been taking the skincare industry by a storm with its incredible benefits. Some dermatologists even swear that Niacinamide can surpass Vitamin C’s power.
Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B-3, which our bodies don’t produce naturally. Applied topically, this ingredient restores cellular energy and fight stressors that deteriorate our skin;
- It minimizes redness and blotchiness from acne and other inflammatory skin conditions
- It tightens the pore and regulates oil
- It prevents signs of aging with its brightening properties
- It keeps skin smooth, moisturized, and hydrated
The Insidexpress is now on Telegram and Google News. Join us on Telegram and Google News, and stay updated.